11.25.2007

Hosting Thanksgiving

This was our first Thanksgiving to host. I admit that it was a ton of work, but it was also as much if not more fun than I expected it to be. Greg was a marvelous host, leading socially and spiritually and lending a hand with food and set-up as needed. And though the food was delicious, the company made the day. Greg and I were blessed to have the following family and friends in our home for Thanksgiving this year: Andrew & Angie Bryan (brother-in-law and sister), Mike & Joyce Cole, Michelle Cole, Ryan & Janine WIlkinson, and guest appearances by Dan & Ann Brown.

After dinner, Greg led us in a time of reflection on our gratitude to God over the last year. Included were two new marriages, three successful cross-country moves and one international move, God's leadership in job and school changes, two promotions, a church home, community and friendship, stretching circumstances resulting in great character refinement, and God's abundant grace to all of us. I'm sure I am missing some, but those stand out it my mind. It was a special time of worship as we gave thanks to our Creator and Sustainer for his faithfulness every morning.

Andrew took some great pictures, so I've included a few below. I can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I'm so impressed with you two! I have yet to host a big holiday dinner, and we've been married 14 years! I'm sure you miss your folks more this time of year, but it looks like you have lot of friends to help fill in the gaps. Happy Holidays!

Jennifer

Joann said...

It all looked great, Kim! You guys as so creative in using well what you have and sharing it often. What a gift of hospitality you have! I'm proud of both of you.