11.20.2007

A Promotion & a Celebration

Greg and I had a reason to celebrate tonight - I got a promotion at work! It's been in the works for almost a month now, but it became official this afternoon. In two weeks, I will be moving to a new position in Tufts Career Services -- that of Recruiting Coordinator. I am excited about this position for many reasons. One, it is evidence of how God does abundantly more than all we could ask or imagine. When I took the position of administrative assistant in Tufts Career Services after moving to Boston, I had no idea that He would be making a way for me to step into a more specialized field (college recruiting). I feel like He has turned another page for me to read in the book He has written of my life. Two, I am excited to work with a new team in my office, two colleagues I highly respect both professionally and personally, Robin & Steve. I look forward to deepening friendships with these two and my other amazing co-workers. And three (because Greg's telling me it's time for bed and I must wrap this up), I'm excited about the work. Working with the two ladies who have held this position prior to me, I've been privileged to learn much of the ins and outs of this position from them. (Thanks Jennifer & Liz!) I look forward to being a liason between employers and Tufts students and hopefully helping point some kids in the right direction in the process.

Okay, so Greg picked me up from work today, and we headed out to celebrate at TEXAS ROADHOUSE! IT WAS DELICIOUS! Funny story though. We haven't been there for quite a while, and we kind of messed up on our order. I was telling the waitress that we'd split the largest Dallas Filet, "What, is that, the 16 ounce?" Kim says. "Yep," our peppy waitress chimes. The steak comes out, and Greg and I stare wide-eyed in amazement at the huge steak. The funny thing is it's not until we get the bill and see that we bought a $30 steak that we realize we usually get the 8 ounce! Ouch! So, knowing that, here are some pictures from our celebratory dinner.

This is me, excited about the delicious rolls and cinnamon butter. Oh, and the promotion too.

Here's Greg mauwing down on the grub.

And here's how we felt after eating 16 ounces of filet, a sidekick of ribs, a ceasar salad, baked potato, and an average of 3.5 rolls each (with yummy cinnamon butter).
Just kidding. We brought half of it home. ;)

6 comments:

Drew and Carrie said...

kim, congrats sis! i'm so excited for you! that is hilarious you got a huge expensive steak! the pic of you stuffed is GREAT!!!

Portia said...

YAY!! Congratulations Kim! I'm glad it all worked out, finally, officially!

Oh and we LOVE Texas Roadhouse! Yay for warm rolls with cinnamon butter!!

And, by the way, you guys are so adorable. :)

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Congrats, Kim & Greg on your amazing feat! Not just anyone can polish off a meal of those proportions!
Oh, yes, congratulations to Kim on your advancement. :) Isn't it cool how God opens doors at all the right times??
Happy Thanksgiving,
GWEN

Joann said...

Great news and great fun and great pics! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us!


Dad and Mom

Rebecca said...

Kimberleytasim! You are so stinkin adorable! Congrats sweet girl - you deserve it. God is gracious! :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! It is amazing how the Father leads, even when we have no idea what He is preparing us for. Oh, we just heart the song Marvelous Light at a conference this month and it is my new favorite too! Love you
kaela