11.10.2007

DCB



The David Crowder Band came to Medford! That's right, MEDFORD! In fact, the venue was only a few minutes WALK from our house! How fun is that?! Well, it was a lot of fun. Their newest album Remedy is packed full of some incredible lyrics and hip music sure to turn your heart to the One place it belongs.

So in case you are not aware of my connection to DCB... Yes, I went to Baylor and lived in Waco for a period. No, I did not go to UBC (their home church). Yes, I have met them, many a times. In fact, my bestest friend and roomie was quite tight with them for a time so they were around a bit. Yes, I thought it was very strange to hear people around me scream "David!" when they walked out. (What?!) Okay, yes, I whooped when they mentioned Waco tonight. (My alma matre is there!) And yes, Greg and I felt like old fogies in the incredibly young teen crowd at the concert tonight. What's with all these young kids really? I know, I know...we're just getting old. Rather old-ER. But seriously, it has been so interesting to go to the Passion Conference a few weekends ago and now this concert and realize that I simply do not have the energy required for these bands anymore. Such a sad reallzation. But I'm okay with it. I really enjoy having the freedom to adjust the volume level of the music to which I listen. :)

Good night, all!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I felt the same way when they came to Dallas. I couldn't help but laugh when we heard teens screaming "WE LOVE YOU DAVID!!". We had a great time and it brought back a lot of memories ... and took away my ability to hear for a few hours. Thanks for posting.

-jesse

Anonymous said...

i think you and your readers would really enjoy the new book Brown Like Coffee at brownlikecoffee.com