4.13.2010

What happened to Ayse?

Warning: This is a pet post. If you don't like posts about pets, I suggest you move on.

A few of you have been asking what happened to our cat Ayse.

We have always longed to return overseas one day, and though we don't have any clue if that is sooner or later for us, my parents have always held their door open to taking Ayse when that time would come. Well, when Nathanael came on the scene, we decided it was time for a change. Our current apartment is teeny tiny, and it was hard for us to imagine four beings surviving here with civility. So at Thanksgiving, Greg and I gave Ayse to my parents. It was a bitter sweet parting for us, but we knew she'd eventually love Kansas and the space and freedom there and even the other pets. And ultimately we were doing it for the good of our family. Our snotty little cat ended up taking quite a long time to adjust, but she is finally doing well and has become part of the family at my parents' home (which includes another indoor cat and dog). I think I intended to blog about this back in December.

So to say a blogger's farewell to Ayse, here are some pictures...

One of the first days we had her back in January 2007

Helping Greg study as a kitten

Saying goodbye in November (she wanted to leave her cat hair on Greg's sweater)

Final hugs
Final "family" picture
My mom has posted some pictures of Ayse on her blog recently, specifically of her adjustment and how she still remains the same cat. These make us smile...

No comments: