4.28.2010

5 Day Report

Nathanael had his first post-hospital visit with the pediatrician today. It was a wonderfully encouraging visit. He has already gained six ounces from when we left the hospital on Sunday, and he's making great progress to be back up to his birth weight shortly! What a relief! In fact, he thought that he'd show us how well he's doing while he was being weighed and pooped all over the scale! His length remains about the same at 20.5 inches.

We're constantly laughing about our mushy new parent brains. After Nathanael pooped on the scale, I proceeded to put his diaper on backwards (the doctor graciously helped me correct that mistake). And as we were leaving, Greg misplaced his keys about four times.

My friend Sharee took pictures of her son next to a stuffed bear to document his growth, so I thought I would copy that adorable idea. This bear (pictured below) is extra special to Nathanael as his great aunt Ann made it for him! Isn't it adorable?

Nathanael Alim - 5 Days Old

And a couple outtakes...I just couldn't resist sharing more than one...

Babysitter Bear

Cool kid

4 comments:

Caroline said...

He looks so perfect. I hope your doing well too. The first week after has always been the hardest for me. Just remember it gets better :)

Drew and Carrie said...

holy cow, he is the cutest baby EVER! i can't wait to meet him!

Amy D said...

What a cutie! We're so happy for you guys.
And the mooshy parent brains pop up every now and then just to let you know. it's fun to laugh at yourselves and all that the lack of sleep and newness of parenting can do to you.
I took Audrey on a walk in her stroller once only to get home and realize that she didn't have a diaper on. I ran all over my walking route looking for her diaper (cloth) only to come home and find it on the floor in the living room. She had walked the entire walk all free and happy with no diaper. What a sight for those driving by. :)

Mike & Dana said...

What a little cutie!!!! I think the biggest "challange" for me as a new mom was changing the diapers fast enough that I didn't get "sprayed" every time!!! Boys love that, I'm sure you've noticed.
Keep the pictures coming!!!