4.19.2010

Thankful Sunday

We may be inducing labor this coming Thursday (key word: MAY), so instead of waiting until Thursday to post this, I wanted to write it today.

In the midst of waiting on Nathanael to be born, I am thankful for (in no particular order)...
  1. The amazing support we've received from family and friends. Among my favorites: you moms who have written to empathize with the emotions of passing that "due date". I know I am not alone, sisters! Thanks for the sweet words and heartfelt prayers. Tuesday is 41 weeks for us, and it really is a testament of God's generosity to bring us so far with this pregnancy!
  2. An active and seemingly healthy little boy. We had our first non-stress test this morning, and the nurse said he is doing beautifully. His heartbeat is strong and reacting as it should be at this point. We have another test and an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday, and we're expecting to hear/see the same.
  3. An unexpected transitional period from work. As we all thought Nathanael was going to come during that first full week of April, my maternity leave began the 5th. It has been wonderful to rest and have time to give attention to so many things that I never dreamed I'd be able to do -- such as reading some parenting books and devotional books, cleaning out my personal email, catching up on our finances/bills, spending more time praying, and...
  4. Hours and hours of just being with Greg! What an unexpected gift!
  5. Flexibility from so many people! My family has been prepared to visit for the past two weeks, and they're STILL waiting to request those vacation days and buy those plane tickets! Their "hosts" are still wondering when they'll have house guests for a few days. The church has been gracious in allowing Greg to take a few Sundays off. Many of you have made yourselves available to distract Greg and me over the past couple weeks. We are deeply thankful!
  6. Time to choose to slow down and try to begin letting go of expectations I have of myself that need to be dropped as a new mom. I know this will be so difficult for me, but I really want to give myself the freedom to be able to just be a wife and mommy for the first couple weeks.
  7. Our gracious God who has sustained me through the ups and downs of the last two weeks and whose Presence is truly my life's treasure.

4 comments:

Amy D said...

Will continue praying for you guys this week...and in the weeks to come. So excited for you.
Hope you will post on the blog when you are in the hospital!

Joann said...

What a very special collection of thankful thoughts, Kimi; thanks for sharing them with us.

rindy said...

praying for your little family. can't wait to see baby boy!

Elizabeth said...

I know the disappointment of passing your due date and no baby. Bailey was almost 2 weeks late. I had one break down about it but after that I just tried to wait patiently! And God totally made up for it when Jesse was born because he was three weeks early! Hang in there! You will be a great mom! Billy and I think the first three months are the hardest but after that it gets much easier. Praying all goes well. Can't wait to see that sweet baby boy.