4.09.2010

Days with Greg

Since my maternity leave began this Monday, I have been privileged to spend an entire week at home with Greg. It definitely has not been a "normal" week for either of us, though I'm not sure if one of those will exist for a while. But it has been especially fun for me to be at home when Greg's studying because he shares his excitement with me over various Biblical discoveries - some obscure linguistic significance or a profound theological truth or just an observation that leaves him wondering about something. I love hearing theses fresh musings from his mind and heart! And I also love being home when he's making the "set list" for Sunday, praying and playing through different portions of music to find the right combination of lyrical congruence, complementary keys, and stylistic variations. I love watching and listening to him work. I'm not so sure he loves having me home while he works though; I think I tend to be more of a distraction than a helper, especially since I'm a little (or shall we say, big) ticking time bomb to him. We've had many friends tell us to treasure these last few days together as just the two of us, and Greg and I truly have been able to do that. We are thankful for the sweet closeness God has given us in the last trimester.

(an old picture from November when we still had Ayse)

(on his 29th bday in January)

2 comments:

Joann said...

What a precious time bomb you are, though! Loved reading your thoughts on the special connection you have with Greg on a deep level; what a blessing!

See you soon (surely!!!). :-)

Andrew said...

bir: I'm eagerly awaiting good news!

iki: I miss you guys and would love to be able to come up to Boston to visit you and see baby King when he arrives.

uc: What happened to Ayse?