5.27.2010

For the record

I'm afraid this will NEVER happen again, so I must record it. Nathanael slept for FIVE HOURS last night -- not five hours between feedings or five hours totaled here and there but five hours straight. And it gets better. When I laid him down last night at 10pm, I simply told the awake little boy that it was bedtime, laid him in his bassinet (awake), kissed him on his forehead, and walked out of the room. And he was asleep within a couple minutes of minor fussing! Was that my little boy?! A little after 3am, when I finished feeding him, I did the same thing and he fell asleep quickly on his own again. And as an added bonus (sorry if TMI), after three days of hardly any BMs, Nathanael has once again come into the world of BMs this morning. What a thankful Mommy I am this morning! I'm sure it helps that I feel somewhat well rested as well.

If only there were a formula to repeat all of the above every night! We definitely had an exhausting (but good) day yesterday. Nathanael and I met our friend Liz for coffee in the morning. Then we walked to Tufts and said hello to all my co-workers, followed by a trip to the pediatrician for his one month appointment -- 10 pounds, 10 ounces and 22.75 inches long! Finally, we concluded the day with community group at Nick and Deborah's, and I don't think he ended up sleeping much there.

I took this picture when Nathanael and I arrived home from community group. I had just taken him out of the bjorn, and he was completed zonked. Normally when I lay him on the changing table, he wakes suddenly, but not tonight!

What a cutie...

This one from yesterday morning made me laugh too.

3 comments:

Joann said...

Love it, Kim!! Thanks for the update (and for the phone call, too)!

Zek's Mom said...

He is so sweet- enjoy those times of rest!!!!! Glad you are all three doing well!!!!!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I love his round little tummy! He is growing!