10.24.2008

Winter is looming

I couldn't help but mention that the footbridge I cross every day walking to and from work had a thin layer of frost/ice on it today. Greg and I pulled out our heating blanket last night, and I even wore my ear muffs to work today. Yikes! Can I really deal with another New England winter? In all honesty, all of these changes made me quite excited as I really do love the onset of new seasons!

(A disclaimer: if you look at our weather right now you would think I am a complete wimp. And it is true that I am, BUT the temperature this morning at 8:15 when I left the house was just below freezing, so don't judge me by our high today!)

3 comments:

Amy D said...

Aw man, Kim, I hate that! I am so bummed that I won't have a winter. And I working through having no Fall either!
Enjoy it :)

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I'm not a winter person, and I have to admit I wore a coat today to work and almost froze even so. Did I mention we'll be at a beach in three weeks?

Earl and Lois said...

Hey,Kim,we were 25 degrees this morning, and then it got up to about 57 this afternoon and a nice day. This was our first hard freeze and we hope it makes it so we can cut milo, as it wasn't mature enough and dry enough before. Have fun with the winter weather where you are, but stay warm.
Our love to both of you.