10.19.2008

Clam Chowder anyone?

I experienced my first Clam Chowder Festival today.  I grabbed the train up to Ipswich to meet Jessie, and we headed over to the festivities with Eliot and Chris.  (Sadly, Greg missed it all because of a class.)  You would all be proud of me.  I decided that even though the smell of Greg's canned clam chowder usually makes me want to throw up, I would give it a try today and see if I could at least stomach a bowl or two.  (You may wonder WHY I went to this festival being a non-clam chowder gal; it was all for the company.)  Well, I made it through all of the entries, and I even liked a couple!  In fact, I might would even order clam chowder at a restaurant after my experience today.  (Key word: might)

3 comments:

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

I LOVE clam chowder, so the opportunity to sample "the real thing" would be awesome!

Cute picture. Looks like it was a beautiful day!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I love seafood of all kinds, including canned clam chowder. I'm glad you're broadening your horizons a little bit!

I bet Boston is just beautiful this time of year!

Michelle said...

Glad you are feeling better :)

I love seafood, but have never had "real" clam chowder. Only sadly ever out of a can, but I bet the real stuff is fabulous! Especially if to a non-clam-chowder-girl it was acceptable. Stay healthy!