3.13.2008

Warmer weather...I think

As I was walking to work this morning, I was thinking to myself, "Wow, it's so warm out that I don't even have to wear my hat. And my hands are getting a little hot in my gloves today." The sun was almost bright enough to make me dig out my sunglasses!

...And then I turned a corner and had to carefully navigate a long patch of sidewalk covered in ice.

That's when I realized that living in New England, I have developed a warped view of what "warm" weather is. I remember getting excited a few days ago when we had a high of 40 degrees Fahrenheit!

*sigh* I'm definitely not in Texas anymore. Or in Kansas either, for that matter. Who calls 30-40F degree weather nice? Well, I give in, because now I do. And I sure hope it stays this warm all month! (I can't wait to not have to wear my Cuddleduds to work every day!)

Oh my goodness! I just checked the weather, and the high tomorrow is 50F! I can hardly wait! (Now, if only it could be sunny and 50 when I walk to work in the morning instead of at 3/4pm in the afternoon while I'm sitting in front of my computer at work...)

2 comments:

Johnson Journal said...

so did you get the apartment?! I won't mention the 75 degree weather in Louisiana right now! :) Love ya. Elizabeth

Rebecca said...

Yeah, and I won't mention that the high today is supposed to be 86 degrees! Actually, I put on a new pair of sandals today. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say you are so cute and am happy that you can almost take your gloves off!