3.14.2008

New apartment!

So the answer is yes, we decided to take the apartment we saw last weekend! We're so excited, though we're not sure yet if we're moving mid-April or end of April. We'll hopefully know in a day or two. Here are a couple pictures, but it's kind of funny posting them since it's someone else's stuff. Oh well, you can get the idea. At least they decorate similar to us!

This is the main entrance. The building is absolutely beautiful! I remember the first time Greg & I drove past it...I said something like, "Wow, Greg! Isn't that gorgeous?! Can you imagine living there?! I bet a condo costs over half a million!" (...and they do!) The building was built in 1894 and originally functioned as the high school for the City of Medford. It was converted into condominiums in 1984.
We get our own parking spot too! (HUGE deal in Boston!)
Here's the living & dining area (see below). The floor plan is really open which I love. It'll be awesome for hosting parties and small gatherings! And believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to carpet. (Greg will miss our hardwood floors more than me. I don't like cleaning them!) The ceilings are 14'! And the windows look out into pine trees and a patio area owned by the condos.

Our bedroom is on the other side of the living area. You can kind of see the door in the picture above. It has the same large windows! The study (aka guest bedroom) is on the other side of the dining area (see below). We'll finally be able to use our futon if we can get it here from Detroit! And Greg will most definitely be dumpster diving or rather streetside watching for a bigger desk. (Maybe I'll convince him to check craigslist...)

So the following doesn't hurt either...it's indoor and heated year-round. There's also a sauna. :-) Ready to come visit yet?

7 comments:

Portia said...

Oh wow. I'm so impressed. And I am definitely coming over to take advantage of that pool. Especially when I'm even huger! (Yes, I just invited myself over!!)

Congratulations guys!!

Kim for the Kings said...

You're welcome any time! Yea! More Katie-time!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

What a beautiful place! I am envying you all the historical buildings and beautiful architecture you must see every day. And the pool!! How cool is that?

Amy D said...

Great apartment Kim! that's really exciting!

Anonymous said...

WOW this is so perfect- and a pool too?? I love it!
Kaela

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the new apartment! It looks really really beautiful! Cok guzel mi amiga! :) Man, I'm a wonder with languages!!!

Ty and Kelly said...

Yeah for new apartments. It looks GREAT!