3.03.2008

Goodbye Flu!

So after almost exactly 7 days of fighting, I have finally beaten the infamous flu bug to its death (in me at least).  Hopefully it has not found refuge in any of my friends, coworkers, or especially not my beloved Greg!  (On a sidenote, I am in love with our cat!  As soon as I sat down on the couch, she crawled up in my lap and is now stretched out across my torso with her front paws over my shoulder, purring away!  How adorable is that?!  It's just a tad bit difficult to type now.)

(...a few minutes later, mac and me now covered in cat hair and kitten BESIDE me...) Back to getting over this awful sickness, it was truly miserable!  I don't remember the last time I was sick for that long!  Okay, I take that back.  It was maybe December/January 2004 when I was living in Istanbul, and it was miserable...  Greg was wonderful at playing Mr. Nurse all week.  And he still told me I was beautiful and called me his princess even though I looked terribly disgusting and was not always in the best of moods!  Now that's love, right?  :)  I tried bullying the sickness out by going back to work on Wednesday.  Bad move.  I barely lasted three hours at work before calling Greg and begging for a ride back home to my needed bed.  Oh and strangely enough, I dreamed some really odd dreams over the past seven days.  I had a hard time figuring out what was true and what I had just dreamed...I think I was delirious.  Anyway, I'm back to work tomorrow.  I even led worship for a small gathering at our church tonight, and I'm only mildly exhausted.  So I think I can safely say I'm over the worst!  Praise God for His hand of healing!!!

So being sick that long makes me think about some things I want to change about my health.  Firstly, I'm going to go back to using my antibacterial lotion religiously like I did when I first moved to Turkey.  Secondly, I'm going to try really really hard no to touch my face as much.  (That's actually a lot harder for me than it sounds!)  Thirdly, I'm going to be better about taking my daily multivitamins which I thoroughly detest since they make me nauseous and taste disgusting.  Ugh!  Even writing that makes me cringe!  And finally, I'm going to be better about remembering and drinking my nalgene at work so that I drink much more water.  I'm really bad about sticking to things like this, but here goes nothing!

On a more "spiritual" note, you can pray for Greg and me as we seek new ways to meet the Lord together.  We were excited to make another attempt at this after we returned from our weekend getaway in New Haven, but my sickness kind of got in the way.

5 comments:

Joann said...

Hurray for the victor! We'll be praying you'll quickly recover to full strength even as you head back to a full week and that Greg will stay debugged.

PS -- You might try a different brand of multivitamin; it really shouldn't make you feel yucky, and of course, take it with a meal -- from Nurse Mom. :-)

PPS -- Hug my grandkitten for me!

Drew and Carrie said...

i heard that you can cut a multivitamin in half and take at breakfast and dinner. that way you still get it all, but not as much at one time! i'm making that a resolution too- vitamins and water! no mom, i won't throw my vitamins in the bushes, i'm 30 years old!

aubs said...

Kimi! I'm so glad you're feeling better - 7 days of being sick should never be allowed. :) Hope your first day back to work is swell... I miss you so much... oh, and I sent Brooke your email so that she can send you the secret recipe of her chocolate tea cake!

The Campbells said...

be sure to faithfully wash your nalgene every 3-4 days too!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I had to google nalgene to see what in the world you meant!

If you are interested, there are liquid multivitamins out there that should be easier for you to take than the pill kind. Jerry sells some in his clinic. Let me know if you want more info.

So glad you're feeling better!