10.16.2011

And We're Off!

We're off to Vienna tomorrow.  I'm hopeful to share some pictures and stories over the next 12 weeks, but only when I'm taking a brief break from language study!  In just over eight weeks, we take our German proficiency exams which will allow us (assuming we reach A1 level) to apply for our residence permits on January 2.  When I think about the next two months, I have some anxiety related to my own abilities to learn what I need while also caring for myself and our family.  But I know our God is big enough to do this, and I believe that He will!  We'd love your prayers for us as we adjust and learn over the next eight weeks!

In other news, Nathanael will be 18 months old at the end of the week!  What an exciting journey parenting is!  I feel I must comment about how well he has been doing in the church nursery for the past couple months, lest I forget this stage of adjustment.  The last few weeks, he has practically climbed out of our arms to go into the nursery, no fuss what-so-ever when we leave.  What a change from last year!  I expect he'll struggle more in the coming months with the different places, people, and language, but I know he (we) will eventually adjust.

Here we are all serious-like and ready for our residence permits.  haha  These pictures just make me laugh.

Now, I must get back to packing and decide what toys to take for this little guy.  I'm thankful Austria has plentiful rocks and sticks!

3 comments:

abby said...

So excited for you guys! And can't wait to hear about your first days in your future home! And not at all worried about the test for you guys. :) Though we will be prayerful for you about that!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

We'll be praying for a smooth trip/transition for you all - this is such an exciting time for you!

Jennifer

P.S. Looking at your pictures, I'm not sure if you're going to Vienna or to prison... Ha!

angie said...

Bah haha...you're serious photos! Bahh hahahha.....I can't stop looking and laughing! I love Nathanael's little baby straight face! Greg looks like someone almost ran over him with a car and he's giving them the evil eye...
Man, do I miss you guys and your serious faces! lol...