10.28.2011

German in the Autumn

Gregory and I have made it through our first week of German language class!  We're thrilled to finally be able to focus on this language and even begin to see some improvements in our comfortability with speaking.  Of course, that said, a lady on the train today was trying to ask me or tell me something about Nathanael, and I had absolutely no idea what she was trying to say.  (Other than I COULD understand she was using the "she" pronoun for my son - ha!  Oh well, he IS beautiful! ;)

Nathanael and I just returned from a family date in the city.  It's the moments like these that take my breath away.  We met between classes, walked to the Naschmarkt to grab doner and durum for lunch, and ate by the playground in front of Karl's Church.  The trees are turning, and the chill in the air seems to whisper, "Autumn is here...autumn is here."  I managed to snap a few pictures of Nathanael playing in the leaves, but they really don't do justice to the beauty of this time of year and the glee exhuberating from this little boy's being!

We are so encouraged to be in Vienna as a family.  It is the beginning of the fulfillment of a promise from God, that He would bring us here to serve Him and His people.  We're here now (though not yet permanently), and we're striving to learn German so that we may best serve Him here.  We're excited to see what He does!


 (As you can see, he is finding plenty of sticks to play with in Vienna.)
 You wouldn't believe how many pictures of Nathanael come out like the following:
That's our boy, always moving his feet!

1 comment:

Joann said...

Love the glimpses of your life there in Vienna, and love to see my Nathanael! I bet you just smiled and nodded to the lady; at least that's what I'd do!