6.18.2010

Anecdotes

Last Sunday, Nathanael had a little poop explosion while Greg was changing his diaper. Greg was shocked but did a marvelous job cleaning and sanitizing. He was on his way out the door for a birthday party, and moments before he had to leave, he realized he had poop on his shorts. Oh well, that's fatherhood. He went to the party, poop and all.

On Monday, just before heading to an event at work, I was burping Nathanael, and he managed to spit up all down the back of my shirt and skirt. I didn't really have time to change. I figured that my co-workers will simply need to get used to that common accessory on me. Motherhood.

After we put him to bed for the night, Nathanael has been sleeping a 4-5 hour stretch somewhat consistently now for a week (skipped a couple nights though). Tonight, I think he could have slept that fifth hour again, but when I checked on the little grunter after four hours, he had worked his bum into the bottom edge of the bassinet with his legs and feet propped up on the edge. I think he's about to outgrow that bed.

And lastly, my favorite. I keep an old toothbrush with my cleaning supplies and use it to clean various hard-to-clean nooks and such. The other day, Greg used it to work out some grease stains in his slacks and then proceeded to leave it on the bathroom counter next to the stain remover bottle. (You know where this is going, don't you?) Well, that evening as we were preparing for bed, I handed Greg the toothpaste and we brushed our teeth together. After Greg finished rinsing his mouth, he went to put his toothbrush back in the holder and discovered that HIS toothbrush was still standing in the holder! Yes, he had just brushed his teeth with the household cleaning toothbrush! His disgusted reaction was so extreme that I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes. He used listerine a few times that night. Apparently, since I handed him the toothpaste, he thought I had also sweetly gotten out his toothbrush as well. LOL! I still laugh out loud when I think about the moment he realized what had happened...

3 comments:

Joann said...

Oh, my -- you started my day with some belly laughs!

Joann said...

And Dad had a good hoot over your tales, too!

Amy D said...

awesome stories Kim. I'm sure we all wish we could've been flies on your wall to see Greg's freak out with the toothbrush. :)