12.02.2009

Making himself known

Greg and I were up later last night than usual. Around midnight, I started to feel what I thought was our little boy moving around quite aggressively inside. I put my hand on my ever-increasing bump, and sure enough, he was pushing out all over the place. I excitedly grabbed Greg’s hand, and before he knew it, he was in awe at his son’s little pushes and kicks (or head butts or whatever he was up to). What a thrilling discovery! In retrospect, I have definitely felt him moving at other times over the past few weeks, but last night was the much anticipated confirmation everyone had assured me would come one day. A sweet answer to prayer.



In other news, Greg and I are pretty sure we’ve settled on a first name, and we’re trying out a few middle names, one being the definite favorite. I’ll have to check with him to see if he’s ready for me to share them with the world wide web yet. If you’re curious and just can’t wait until we share it online, ask one of us. I’ll give you a few hints – the first name starts with an N, has three syllables, and was originally a Hebrew name. The middle name is Turkish (though I think originally Arabic), has two syllables, and has a meaning that is particularly dear to my scholarly husband. :)

4 comments:

Joann said...

Pat that little boy for me next time he's in an active mood!

Zek's Mom said...

What a joy to feel your little one move- God is so good- he is so faithful and he gives us such good gifts in his great time! Excited for you both!! Can't wait to meet him and I am curious about the name but I am going to give John the clues and see if he can figure it out before I ask!

Portia said...

I wanted to ask about this last night but I didn't get the chance! Yay!! So exciting! That is the BEST feeling.

dan+amy said...

Hooray!!! I am so very excited for you both!! Gosh, I'm getting tears in my eyes thinking about it. Oh, Kim, I'm so glad you have a sweet baby boy on the way. What a sweet answer to prayer. YAY! I can't wait to know his name. I finally got around to posting a pic of Noah on our blog.
Sending you a big hug!! Congrats! :)