11.20.2009

Early Thanksgiving Dinner

Greg and I slaved away in the kitchen last night to prepare for our dinner party tonight. We are finally having our upstairs neighbors over for dinner. I had been struggling with knowing what to make these three Tufts international students -- two Frenchmen and one Turk -- but then we thought of creating a mini Thanksgiving feast. I had a blast last night (and Greg pretended to enjoy it even though it was not his idea of a fun evening) making pumpkin roll, baking a turkey breast, and prepping a handful of other dishes for tonight. I only had a few moments of freak-out as I thought about how incredible both French and Turkish cuisine are compared to my half-effort dinner. But Greg was quick to remind me that college boys are always happy for a free meal. Let's hope I don't offend their taste buds! Since Greg and I are going to Erie, PA this Thanksgiving to be with my family, it's fun still being able to host a piece of Thanksgiving in our home. I wish we could invite all of you over tonight! (But our little home will be packed to the max with five people!)

I can't wait to eat pumpkin roll!!!

5 comments:

Earl and Lois said...

Kim, it looks like the picture of your pumpkin roll that you do a very good job. It looks very yummy. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.
We love you, Grandpa Earl and Lois

Elizabeth said...

that looks yummy! I've never made a pumpkin roll before. I think I'll have to try it!

the monkeys' mama said...

impressive! I can't wait to hear how it went!

Zek's Mom said...

Looks awesome- wish I could have a bite BUT enough pictures of food I want to see your belly bump- I don't live there so I need a picture!!! Have fun and Happy THanksgiving!

Portia said...

How was it??

(And FWIW, I agree with Elisa. We need a baby bump picture. I live here and I've seen it and it's stinking adorable.)