5.23.2009

Moving and Community

I recently subscribed to the Desiring God blog on my Google Reader which is why you've seen quite a few references to Piper lately. Anyway, as Greg and I have been preparing for our move next Saturday, we've been enjoying (somewhat) the process of going through every box and notebook and tossing all the extra unnecessary stuff. ("Somewhat" because it would be much better if it didn't require so much time!) I blogged a little about the reason for this move back in January. But today I ran into a post from an interview with a guy I don't know that really captured my heart and a piece of WHY we're moving.

A small quote from the link: "We're living in a much smaller place. We got rid of most of our stuff. As we went through it, we laughed about how we just collected stuff. All that stuff has to be maintained. It grabs your heart, it grabs your schedule, it grabs your time. It becomes a source of worry and concern and need to pay." Read the rest and let me know what you think about it.

(This picture is to make this post more interesting. So here's the status of our house as I write today. Aren't you happy you're not here?!)

1 comment:

rindy said...

huge congrats to you both on graduating!! and kolay gelsin as you move.