3.04.2009

Snow, flowers, cats, and more snow

I've had some issues uploading pictures to blogger lately. So this will be a random assortment of pictures from the last couple of months.

First, the flowers Greg surprised me with on Valentine's Day and my birthday. (They're the flowers from our wedding.) He's wonderful.
The next two pictures are from when we cat-sat at the beginning of January. The two cats went crazy together, chasing and tackling and playing hide-and-seek. It was quite entertaining. This is how I found them later one afternoon, both completely zonked out in the same room.
The following pictures are from Martin Luther King Day back in January. My friend Karen and I decided to enjoy the snow that had fallen the night before. We made a snowman, (It was practically impossible with the powdery snow, but we did it and had the ONLY snowman in Boston Common!) enjoyed Starbucks, made snow angels on a dock on the Charles River, and generally had a ton of fun in the massive piles of snow.







Lastly, and this was SUCH a huge treat, my Baylor friend Aubrea was in town for a couple days performing. She's an AMAZINGLY GIFTED performance violinist. We've been hoping she would get a chance to visit Boston, and the time finally came! Monday morning (in the midst of a crazy winter storm) we braved the weather and saw the sights in Boston (a whirlwind four hour tour concluding with lunch at Legal Seafood...mmmm). It was crazy but so much fun! I don't know how I made it out with only the following two pictures!

3 comments:

Portia said...

Yay!! What fun! Thanks for trekking the pictures to work to share!

I was looking through and then I was like - wait! That's my cat! :) I'm glad they ended up tolerating each other... :)

Earl and Lois said...

Thanks for all the update pictures of your activities Kim. Wesure enjoy seeing your scenery and are very envious of all that snow as we need moisture here in western Kansas but of course would rather have a good rain. And would you believe we have 82 degrees here at 3 o'clock this afternoon. Rather out of synch with normal but it is the third of March so not far from spring. Lois is doing fine and I am not much good to do something constructive if there is any work with it. Part of the fun of being old and happy to be here.
Love to both of you from Grandpa Earl and Grandma Lois.

Earl and Lois said...

I guess it is the fourth of March instead of the third. Maybe it is great to only be one day behind.
Love from Grandpa Earl.