1.27.2008

Pray for Cyd

I found out this morning about Cyd's abduction in Kandahar yesterday.  Still no word on her whereabouts or her driver.  Please join us in prayer for these two.  God had my path cross with Cyd's before I moved to Turkey and while I was living there, and I count myself blessed to know her.  What a heart for people she has!  She is a great giver of mercy.

This morning in church, the sermon was on Luke 4:14-21, and I have found myself praying Isaiah 61 over Cyd (quoted in the Luke passage) and her abductors most of the day...  Set the captives free, Lord.  For Your glory...  "He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from the darkness for the prisoners."  May she be an "oak of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."  "...They will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations."  "...All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the Lord has blessed..."

A link to the humanitarian development organization Cyd works for - www.arldf.net.  They will likely have the latest information, though most major news websites have an article on Cyd and Muhammad as well.

1 comment: