1.20.2008

Once & Vitus

I meant to blog about these two movies in December.  Time got away from me.  So these are two must-sees, especially if you love music and movies.  I wouldn't recommend Once if you can't look past the language.  The story is incredible and clean, but the f-word is thrown around a lot.  Greg & I loved this movie so much we bought the soundtrack the next day.  And we still walk around singing the songs!  It's about two musicians who meet on the streets of Dublin and make a recording together.  The extra stuff on the DVD is interesting as well.  http://www.foxsearchlight.com/once/

Vitus was a random movie we picked up at the video store.  I actually grabbed it the day we bought my keyboard (will blog about this later) because I thought it would be inspiring to watch a movie about a child prodigy pianist.  Well, it was incredible.  I don't know if it's a family movie because I don't really know what kids like, but it's an inspiring and very clean story that will blow your mind.  AND the kid that's acting in the movie IS ACTUALLY PLAYING THE PIANO!  You have to watch the special features on this one to appreciate the film in a new way.

No comments: