1.20.2008

Calling all Bunco players

Apparently I'm known as the gal to beat at Bunco at our church now!  I finally gave in and played the game last night, my first time ever.  I actually only played because we had a birthday party for a friend at church, and it was how she wanted to spend the night.  I had no idea we'd have cash prizes or that this was a game to be taken seriously!  My memories of Bunco before this were of dear American friends in Turkey (mostly women...Elizabeth & Dawn to name a few...) screaming and scrambling for dice late into the night at some random hotel at our annual conferences...  It always scared me a little, so I never actually joined in the fun.  Well, after three rounds last night, I ended up with the Bunco cup (I was the last one to get a Bunco), highest number of points, and I tied for most Buncos!  LOL!  I guess that's pretty crazy good.  When I came home with $30, Greg said, "Maybe we should plan a trip to Vegas!"

On a more serious note, it was quite a blessing to celebrate Connie's birthday with her and other friends last night.  Connie and her husband Mark have hosted the community group we joined last semester, and we've loved getting to know them and their three children a little more each week.  We're blessed to call them friends.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

So glad you had fun, and WON!! I played for a few years in Syracuse, but it's not my favorite game. It's nice to visit with friends, forget the actual game :) And, enjoy your keyboard. Maybe you should record a song or two on it and upload it to your blog so we can all enjoy!