8.04.2011

Waiting expectantly

A friend recently brought this verse to my attention.  (Thanks, E!)

"But as for me, I will look to the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
my God will hear me."

It is from Micah 7, verse 7.

During Ramadan, as I pray for my Muslim friends for the eleventh year, I find myself asking, pleading, "How long, oh Lord?  How long will they remain in darkness?  Bring forth your light!"  Something about this statement from Micah -- in the midst of the dark and desolated, seemingly hopeless lives around him -- something about his words gives me great strength.  I know that I am not alone in my pleas.  Many others join with me in crying out for God to bring His light into their lives.  I am determined to press on -- as Micah did -- in faith and wait for God to show Himself as only He can -- worthy of all glory and honor and praise, worthy of their lives.  And I trust that my friends will one day see and believe and intimately know this all glorious God.

source: http://faithsteps.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/not-constantinople/istanbul-sunrise/

No comments: