8.22.2011

Two Teeth and Still Counting

Our sixteen-month-old finally popped his first tooth this past week, with his second close behind.  I'm suspicous that he understood the doctor a couple weeks ago when he threatened a visit to the dentist for x-rays since we hadn't seen any yet.  It is a little strange to go so long without teeth, but it sure has not held him back in eating!  One awesome advantage of him being this old: Nathanael was actually the one to tell me he had a tooth!  That's right; I had taught him about teeth and told him constantly that he should tell me when he had one.  And the day of, he kept looking at me and pointing to his mouth.  We were so excited and made up a tooth dance and everything!  I must say that I am hugely relieved that we don't have to make an appointment with a pediatric dentist to check on the existence of his teeth.  (We are thankful for God's timing!)  Not only was I not looking forward to fitting that into all of our traveling (nor the cost!), but let's be realistic; that would not be a fun appointment for any of us.  Nathanael does NOT sit still long enough for x-rays!

The next photo like this will show teeth!

In other news, Gregory heads to Detroit tomorrow.  I'll join him alone on Sunday to visit a church, and then we're back again for a few weeks before taking off as a family for Boston on Friday, September 16th.  I make no promises about another blog post for a while!

3 comments:

Carrie Roer said...

I was just starting to wonder about my own daughter -- she's 15 months old and only has 4 teeth, most of her "friends" have 8-12! Maybe our kids will be the cavity-free ones. :)

Anonymous said...

Another family trait that Father and Son share. We recall that Greg got his teeth later than most other kids.

M&M

Susannah said...

Have a great time in Boston! I'd love to plan a visit sometime after you get back. :)