7.23.2011

15 months

I would feel remiss to not post something today.  It is Nathanael's 15 month birthday, and though I didn't take his measurements or set up a photo shoot with Mr. Bear, I have definitely taken time today to think on how God has changed my life in the past 15 months.  I feel a combination of humbled by my selfishness and gratitude to God for how He has grown me in selflessness.  I admire my husband even more than before as I watch him love and serve and teach our son, while also sacrificially loving and serving me.

And let's not forget the star of the day.  What an incredible change a few months or even weeks bring!  He is our little law enforcer, quickly pointing out and grunting at things that are out of place (in his opinion).  He is our little imitator, trying to swat at flies or make the same sounds as us.  He is our little learner, pointing and taking in everything we teach him and working hard to understand and perform well.  He is our little talker, filling the home with lots of words beginning with b (bed, bath, bear, book, ball), many animal and motor sounds, and a cute little British sounding "oh".  He is our loving son, generously tackling us with his big hugs and slobbery kisses, and resting his head on our shoulders before bed.  He is our toothless eater, somehow still managing to gum food like cucumbers and corn on the cob.  He is our little spoon holder, expertly scooping his cheerios and milk from a bowl.  He is our little boy, filled with wonder when it comes to anything with wheels or motors, anything that makes a lot of noise, and anything outside, the dirtier the better.  No one could have accurately prepared me for how grown up this little boy would seem by fifteen months!

I love being Nathanael's mother.  He is truly a gift from God.  Oh that I would bring God glory in the way I mother him...

1 comment:

Amy D said...

what a PRECIOUS picture Kim!