2.05.2011

I love you x 3

Gregory and I met in Istanbul. So it is no surprise that we still use Turkish from time to time. People usually look at him strangely when they think he just called me, "John M.". The Turkish word for "my dear" sounds somewhat similar. Sometimes we use Turkish when we want to say something privately. Though I must sadly admit that is getting more and more difficult to pull off the longer we're away from Turkey.

Last night, Gregory was teaching me a few German sentences. (I probably know less than a couple dozen words or phrases!) And as we were falling asleep, he whispered in German, "I love you." I lay there last night thinking about how this language that is so new and foreign to me right now will somewhat quickly become another heart language for me, just as Turkish became years ago. It's amazing and a little overwhelming to think on that. How different our lives will look a year from now... God, we're trusting in You alone.

No comments: