8.05.2010

5th Anniversary

On Saturday, July 30, 2005, Gregory and I were married here in Emporia, Kansas. Interesting that we find ourselves back here for our fifth anniversary... Actually, on the actual day, we were in Western Kansas visiting family (Leoti to be exact). More about that in another post though. It was special to be surrounded with family again on that day, not something I would have guessed would happen five years ago, but special indeed.

So what did we do to celebrate? Well, on the actual day, we rode a three minute carnival ride called the Paratrooper. It was a little more thrilling than we expected; our pod had much nervous laughing ringing out from it! But that wasn't really for our anniversary. And Greg went to a rodeo with my dad, but again, that wasn't for our anniversary... haha

We finally were able to take an evening out last night to celebrate, our first real date night (Nathanael-siz) since mid-May! We went out for a delicious Mexican dinner and then coffee. It was special to reminisce over the last five years and all we have walked through together...and all the wonderful people with whom we have shared life.

Gregory shared that the five year mark is quite significant in our culture as most marriages that break up do so before five years. It's nice to be on the other side of that statistic now. We pray that God continues to shape us to show His love more and more to each other as the years continue.

(I guess we haven't taken a picture together since we left Boston, so this is the most recent one I have of us together.)

4 comments:

Zek's Mom said...

What a beautiful couple that has now become a beautiful family! Praise the Lord! Praying for you all!!

Amy D said...

HAppy Anniversary! What a wonderful family pic. I'm so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I don't usually have enough computer e-time to catch up with your lives. I am glad the day afforded me a bit of extra minutes . I enjoyed watching Nathaneal change and see how you all are adapting to your life changes. We pray for you almost daily... we try to do it daily, and I know we slip once in awhile, so that is why I say "almost". I sent you an opening for a job in MD and a place to look for others. Love you all! Aunt Mar

Jack and Sheryl said...

So fun to see your wedding picture, Kim! You were a beautiful bride, my friend.