7.30.2009

A Baker's Dozen + 1, Colorado Pictures

I've been putting off choosing pictures to blog from our Colorado family vacation for weeks now. But I finally decided today to just choose a dozen pictures and let that be all. So here goes. (How am I going to choose just twelve?!)

We stayed in a ski condo near Winter Park (in Fraser). It was the perfect set-up for three couples - 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. The view of the mountains was breathtaking.

This picture's actually in Rocky Mountain National Park though.
Family picture
(Drew, Dad, Greg
sis Carrie, Mom, me)
Family picture, not so composed
We had the perfect mix of activity and relaxing. Greg took a little time to study, we all watched a decent amount of TV, naps were taken... But we also hit the Winter Park alpine slide, crossed whitewater rafting off our bucket list (picture above), and well, I'll let you see the rest in pictures.

The girls (hmmm, do we look alike?)

The boys (4-wheeling in Rocky Mountain National Park)
The boys' view on the trail,
looking down on Grand Lake
(where the gals were shopping)

Drew & Carrie
We went downhill mountain biking at Winter Park.
It was awesome, but our dear friend, Aubrea, tumbled and broke her clavicle!

My amazing and incredibly generous parents
(waiting for our fish tacos - they were delicious!)
Mom's first excursion on a ski lift

Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park
(we even saw a couple moose!)
Family hike at the Y
Dad & me at the top of the waterfall
Greg and me, facing off in archery
(I won!!! But I won't rub it in.)
Greg learning to fly fish at the Y lake

The gorgeous Y lake

What an amazing vacation! Such incredible time together as family and a great break from our responsibilities back at home. Thanks, Dad & Mom, for making this happen!

Well, I ALMOST did it. A baker's dozen + 1.

3 comments:

Portia said...

Yay!! What a fun trip! (other than the collar bone, of course...)

I still can't believe how much you packed into your time there!

Mike & Dana said...

Beautiful pictures Kim!!! You've made me want to go there. Happy Anniversary also!!!!

Corrie said...

Thanks for the photos, Kim. It looked like it was a great time!