6.01.2009

Moved In & Forgetful

I'm borrowing someone's internet this morning (thanks, "clark23"). I know many people think I'm crazy, but our new apartment is pretty much settled. A few things still need tweeked here and there, such as... Greg unloaded the refrigerated items in a hurry yesterday (read: organizational disaster); in an effort to bring some warmth into our home last night, I hung decorations on the already existing hardware in the walls (read: extremely odd placement and large bare spots); and finally, my keyboard is not yet in our apartment and set up in the spot where it will fit perfectly (miracle upon miracles that we'll be able to fit it -- thank you for that unexpected blessing, God).

I missed my parent's 34th anniversary yesterday. I told myself about five times over the last week to not forget to call. And sadly, I actually called them late afternoon (no answer) and then in the evening to ask Mom an urgent oven-cleaning question, but did I remember to say, "Happy Anniversary"? Nope. As I was going to bed (at 2am), I noticed I had a text message from my sister -- "Don't forget it's Dad & Mom's anniversary today!" (Thanks for trying, sis!) So, Dad & Mom, I hope yesterday was a special day of looking back on how the Lord has molded you two together, how He has conformed you more to His image through your marriage, and how He has abundantly blessed you together through His grace with many spiritual blessings in Christ. I cannot thank you enough for the example your marriage has been to me.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
May your 35th year be as rich as the last 34 combined!

1 comment:

Joann said...

Thanks for the very special blessing, Kimi! It's not as though you had anything else going on this weekend. :-)

I'm not at all surprised you're getting settled quickly. I'll look forward to a picture tour to help us connect with you in your new home.

How's Ayse handling the move?