4.11.2009

Easter Bunny Cupcakes

Greg and I were craving our favorite cupcakes this past week, so I decided to mix two special memories this Easter and create "Easter Bunny Cupcakes." One memory is making yellow cake cupcakes with whipped chocolate icing with Mandi (my favorite college roommate). We would devour them together! The other memory is the traditional Easter Bunny Cake Mom would let Carrie and me help make each year (big version of below). We always had a blast icing and decorating it with Easter candy.

In retrospect, I should have chosen another icing color for the bowties, but I really just wanted the chocolate icing. And after I bought the M&Ms, I remembered that we used to use the pastel ones to make the bunny look more traditionally "Eastery" but I forgot that as well. Oh well. Here they are.

Naked bunnies!

All dressed up for Easter Sunday:

5 comments:

Joann said...

These are so cute, Kim! I love the mini-version, and it was fun to see the "naked" little guys before they got all spiffed up. They're adorable. Wish we could be there to eat them with you! :)

Drew and Carrie said...

i LOVE it! what a cute idea! i will totally do that next time i make our bunny cake!

Earl and Lois said...

Kim
Your bunny cupcakes sure look cute and the look delicious.
Love, Grandma Lois & Grandpa Earl

Anonymous said...

we used to do the big cake too. love the cupcake idea!
jen

Mandi said...

Haha...yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting!!! Good memories!