1.07.2009

Where did my vacation go?

This week has been somewhat of a cruel awakening to life back at work.  I did work last Monday through Wednesday, but the deadlines weren't as pressing last week.  I would love to simply veg now that I'm home, curl up with a book and some hot cocoa for the rest of the evening, but I'm making myself blog.  It has been way too long.

Holiday Highlights:
  • Hugging Dad and Mom after ten long months apart  (It was so difficult to say goodbye again.)
  • Hanging out with Drew and Carrie
  • Honoring family - reconnecting with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins in Kansas
  • Hoping in Christ for the future and looking back with thankfulness
  • Hilarious wii fun with the fam
  • Holding a gun and shooting skeet in Kansas (Greg, not me)
  • Having jobs that are seemingly secure
My dearest parents and their lab Abby
The cat Reyna getting some much needed attention. (Drew and Carrie brought their two labs as well, so three big dogs in the house was a little much for this cat!)
The Wiles family gathered to let the missing Uncle and cousins know we missed them
Grandma Gimple opening some gifts.
Uncle Larry (one of Dad's brothers) helping Greg with his first shot.

Drew looks like he belongs here, doesn't he?
Carrie and I cheered the guys on. The guns were a lot heavier than I expected!
Modeling a box of shells (?)
This is really behind my Grandma's house, where my Dad was raised!
Back home to our still-standing tree and mischievous cat

6 comments:

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

It was so good to see you both! If your day job ever becomes too dull, you definitely have a promising future as a model! LOVE the pics w/ the gun & shells.

Kristen said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. I hope you got to enjoy some cocoa and veg time tonight anyway. :-)

Joann said...

It truly was a wonderfully blessed time to have you two and Drew and Carrie here, and you showed and told it well here; thanks for the memories. We miss all of you!

Kim for the Kings said...

I DID get to enjoy cocoa and a book last night! It was wonderful. I finished reading "Faith is not a Feeling" by Ney Bailey. A friend in Michigan gave it to me just before Thanksgiving. I would definitely recommend it. Easy read but great reminders!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Greg, you're going to be out hunting deer with the boys next! It was fun to see you two!

Michelle said...

10 months, ugh, such a long time. Glad you were able to reconnect and spend some quality time with your family. I hope you're planning to come back to Kansas for our reunion this year. Not sure when it'll be, but probably this summer sometime. It would be great to see you!