8.04.2008

A week off

Drew & Carrie visited us last weekend. It was wonderful to have them with us in Boston! I don't have any great pictures, so you should see Carrie's wonderful post from last week. Miss you guys already! (Why did you have to post a morning picture of me?!)

In other news, I took most of last week off of work to prepare myself for the schoolyear ahead (ah). And it happened to be our anniversary last Wednesday as well. We celebrated by going out to dinner, and Greg gave me a gorgeous bouquet of my favorite flowers! They still look perfect this evening! We also went to the beach that day (a sandy one that is).
Here's my hubbie of three years chillin' at a rocky beach in Rockport.
Oh, doesn't this just make you want to come visit?
I love New England's rocky shorelines...
One of my favorite "new" spots in Boston. This used to be where the expressway went before they finished the "big dig" tunnels under the city. Now it's a long park with tons of benches, tables, fountains, and grass! I wish I had a picture of Carrie and me walking in the fountain with all the little kiddies! (I think our husbands were a tad bit embarrassed.)

3 comments:

Joann said...

Smooth move, Greg; gorgeous flowers for a precious lady!

Glad the time was a good one for all of you, both the weekend visit and the week off.

Amy D said...

Kim, I am so glad you had a nice week of and a nice time with your family. Looks like so much fun! :)

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the pics of your lovely city. I would love to come visit sometime!

Isn't time off from work wonderful? Everyone needs time to refresh & renew! It always makes me ready to go back!