8.18.2008

Mandalinalar

I was going to write some deep thoughts from today, but I'm too distracted by the oh-so-delicious clementines Greg and I are enjoying right now!  They're the closest thing I've discovered in the US to mandalinalar in Turkey.  It's so amazing how the moment I pop a slice in my mouth, I am right back in Istanbul. Most of my mandalina memories are tied to the Tummons, so I often close my eyes and remember sitting in their salon (living room) with dear friends for a morning study of Acts.  I LOVED stopping by a fruit stand on my walk to their house and picking up a huge bagful of these incredible fruits to share around the circle.  Thanks, Creator God, for these amazing fruits - clementines and mandalinalar!

5 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

oh, i miss those days too! great mandalinalar, great friends, great study time... thanks for sharing! hope you and greg are doing well!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Clementines are known as "Lil' Cuties" at our house. We love them too!

virginia said...

what a fun memory! i was sitting in that very salon most of today, praying, chatting, and eating. wish you were there!

rindy said...

haha, i've just now noticed today that every comment i left a couple of days ago, was done with Virginia's account. the v$ comment is from Rindy. :-)

Gina said...

Thanks for the memory! and for thinking of us! The people are changing in our salon, but we haven't forgotten all of you! Blessings and love, Gina and the rest of the Tummons