12.18.2019

Vienna Boys' Choir and our first snow!

On Thursday, I treated myself to an extra special outing - a ticket to the Vienna Boys' Choir Christmas concert.  It was spectacular.  I had a glass of wine before the concert (Austrian Zweigelt), and I enjoyed every second of the over two hour performance.  The conductor and choir director may have been my favorite performers of the entire evening.  They are incredibly talented musicians and performers, and the conductor spoke beautifully from his heart about a handful of songs.
  
 
 
 After the concert, I got on the underground and went home to Oberlaa.  Upon exiting the station, I was stunned to be walking into a white winter wonderland:

 This is a VERY BIG DEAL for us because we love snow, and it is our first winter to have our very own backyard and thus our very own patch of snow to play in.  Here is the path to our stream:
 And our little white backyard.
The kids apparently played in the snow all evening while I was gone!
The next morning was exciting taking the kids to school.
And I enjoyed a walk through the forest behind their school.
This is the moon above their snow-covered schoolyard.
 The sun rising throw the snowy trees:
 
What a beautiful wintery gift!

No comments: