2.10.2018

Special moments

The boys are on their way back from an exciting adventure at an indoor high ropes course. We're anxious to hear all about it! But before I forget, I wanted to take a moment and record the last few hours with my daughter. We've had five hours together and a lot to do, getting ready to host small  group tomorrow. Somehow, we stayed completely engaged with each other and had a blast. After two weeks of sick kids, this was sure a gift to me. First we headed to the grocery store to get some parsley which I needed for our soup. Eva pushed around the miniature carriage and took care of all the groceries at the check-out. After returning we listened to our favorite kids' songs in English and German and danced and sang, while I simultaneously chopped veggies in the kitchen. Then we had special girl time to paint fingernails and braid hair. Next came cleaning, and Eva was my helper, carrying around a duster and making sure the vacuum cleaner cord wasn't in the way (because these tasks are quite important to a four-year-old). Then we decided we needed to make cookies, and so Eva proceeded to pretend to make cookies with a box for her oven and the kitchen sink for her ingredients and different bowls and measuring cups.  I actually made one of my favorites, peanut butter and chocolate no-bake cookies. We had to taste a few before the boys returned.  ;)  What a special five hours. I'm so thankful for my precious daughter!

IMG_20180210_155729357
Note the nails and braids. ;)
IMG_20180210_155816804

No comments: