1.23.2018

Saying goodbye to my grandma

Today my Grandma was buried.  I wasn't there.

The pain and anger and sorrow and disappointment and sadness are overwhelming.

I just want to be in Kansas right now, hugging relatives, laughing about Grandma's ways, looking at her jewelry and holding hands with relatives as the smiles let loose the tears.  I want to bond with my family and relatives through this instead of feel further outside of it all.

Today, I am angry at God for this life we live.  What I wouldn't give to have been able to make the decision to fly back and be there.  I know the emotions will calm, and I will see clearly again tomorrow.  But tonight, I am letting the tears flow and sitting in the pain.

I had a most amazing Grandma.  I am so blessed and honored to be her granddaughter.  I know she is dancing in heaven right now, as beautiful as ever, smiling brightly.  I want to honor her with my life, to honor her values on family and faith.

Goodbye, Grandma.  You are missed dearly.  See you in heaven one day...   All my love, your Kimi

1 comment:

Lissa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm always encouraged by your posts!