9.26.2017

Eva time

Yea for returning to the school routine!  I am not one to prefer a routine, honestly, but with kids, it is totally essential for MY survival.  And it just so happens, both of my kids, at least at this age, thrive on a somewhat predictable daily routine.  This year, due mainly to two big developments -- Eva growing up and not needing a nap at noon and our underground line extending to be a quicker connection to Nathanael's school -- I am able to spend over an hour alone with Eva in the morning and over an hour alone with Nathanael in the afternoon.  It is a wonderful thing.  Both kids seem to really be thriving on the individualized attention, and it's really a lot of fun.

Eva and I have been working on emotion words, and making faces goes along well with that.  She often practices her expressions in the elevator.
sad
IMG_20170923_112259733
excited
IMG_20170923_112303781
happy
IMG_20170923_112307284
On Saturday, she and I had a little time alone as well (Dad and Nathanael went to a kids' exhibit at the Papyrus museum!).  While swinging in the park, she sweetly exclaimed, "Schau, Mommy.  I flieg to the Himmel!"  I love her mixed world of German and English.  It brings me such joy.
IMG_20170923_110757741
Once in a while, Eva still falls asleep during her alone time in the afternoon.  This particular time, she had been upset about something (oh, the drama), and she fell asleep pouting in the corner of her bed, completely covered up by pillows!  I came in to check on her when it was so quiet, and I couldn't find her!
IMG_20170912_163800083
Another exciting development for Eva, now that she's in the "big kids" group at Kindergarten, is that she's really been taking a greater interest in learning her letters and numbers.  She concentrates hard and can actually write her name quite well:  E  A V  (we're working on the order)
IMG_20170830_143255937
What a delight it is to watch this little princess develop and learn!

No comments: