6.16.2015

My little one's big day

Today is day nine of Evangeline's gradual entrance into Kindergarten.

"First day" photo
20150601_085709

(Kindergarten here is actually more like a pre-school plus a daycare facility in the U.S.  Our equivalent here in Austria to kindergarten in the U.S. is actually a year called "Vorschule" which translates literally "pre-school."  Confusing, yes?!)

The people and the place are not at all foreign to her as she has been going with me to drop off and pick up Nathanael since she was an infant.  She knows the teachers' faces and voices and is familiar with the process.  She knows the park where they play.  And most importantly, her big brother is there, though not in the same group as she is.

We're so proud of our little almost-two-year old (who thinks she's five, just like Nathanael).  Although she tries to fool me into thinking she doesn't want to be there, the moment she lets go of my hand and steps into her room, she can't hide her beaming smile as she looks around at the faces and toys in front of her.

I am a little sister too.  I remember that feeling so well.  "Finally, I get to do it too!"
20150529_122845
20150529_123004

No comments: