3.15.2015

Going out on a limb

I am about to share something with you all that is a bit scary.  You see, I've written a handful of songs (mostly in German).  And I'd like to share them.  They were written to serve God and His Church.  And I can't truly do that unless I share them.  So here they are.


More info about each song, specifically the stories behind them, is available on Soundcloud:  https://soundcloud.com/kimberking/sets/singt-dem-herrn-ein-neues-lied.  One of these days I promise I'll write out translations.

I have no idea how to record a song well.  I originally recorded them on Garageband so that I wouldn't forget them when I settled on the melody.  These recordings are one step up--I mean, I actually recorded the keys and vocal on two separate tracks!--to serve the purpose of sharing the songs.  I didn't have a good microphone--can we say, free headphone mic from Rosetta Stone--and I simply used default settings on Garageband.  So please listen with kind ears, and hopefully you'll be able to listen past the poor quality and hear the message of the songs.

I'd love to hear your reactions to the music, should God meet you through these songs.  That is my prayer.  The lyric sheets and chords are available for free; just email me at kimber.king@gmail.com.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Kim. Thank you for sharing.

Melissa McCrory said...

Kim, seeing this today was an answer to prayer. Firstly, it's beautiful. I have no idea what you're saying, but it brought me to tears nonetheless. You have inspired me, God's been giving me music for the building up of His Kingdom as well, and He's brought much encouragement through your post and your music. I loved to listen to Psalm 51 with my Bible open, reading along with you singing. Landed on Psalm 51:15, "O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise." May God continue to pour into you this beautiful music reflecting His heart and yours, for the glory of His name and the building up of His Church. Our prayers are with you my friend!

Susan (a.k.a. Susannah) said...

Holy cow! You have an AMAZING voice!! Why did we never have you sing at work?? It would have improved the staff meetings, like uh, 300%. haha
But seriously, thank you for sharing your beautiful talent. What a lovely pre-Easter treat. :)