2.22.2015

Musings on Church Community

Today, Gregory and I helped lead our church in musical worship.  We haven't been able to do this together since Easter two years ago, when I was quite pregnant with our little gem.  This time, our friend Esther joined us in singing.  Last time, our friend Benedict played base.  I had a really special moment this morning, as we were at church running through the songs before the service.  I looked around and saw the people serving in various capacities, and I was overwhelmed with gratitude.  Something about it reminded me of serving in our church community in Boston, at Hope Fellowship and City on a Hill.  It made me deeply miss our friends and community in Boston, but it also was a moment that caused me to see afresh God's great faithfulness to us here in Vienna these past three years.  I am deeply grateful for how God has provided us with a church home and community, for the people which whom we are privileged to serve, for the children with whom our children are able to share life, for how God is drawing us all near to Himself as we share life and serve together.  I love Christian fellowship.  Spiritual community is a great passion of mine.  I am greatly thankful to God to be a part of a community here in Vienna, that although also made up of broken and sinful people, just like me, desires to know God and make Him known.  Today, as I was privileged to serve this community through music, my heart overflowed with gratitude to our great God for so lovingly placing us among these people.  We are being changed, and I pray we are being change-agents as well.  To God be the glory.

No comments: