11.02.2014

Music, or perhaps "Musik" is more appropriate

I've allowed myself to give in to a longing recently.  To write songs of worship again.  But not as I had before.  This time, in German!  It began with a song that was simply in my head a week or so ago.  It's about our desire as a church community to see God bring about change in our city.  I had to get it on paper; I couldn't rest until I had done so.  Then the other three came after hearing of some gaps in our church's repertoire - one Christmas song and two along the lines of repentance and confession.  Again, I couldn't rest until I'd written them!


20141031_012023

Whether or not we ever sing them in church, it is such an encouraging experience to come to a place in a language where one can express one's heart with a depth that is sometimes even difficult in one's first language!  I have so far to go in German, but I am encouraged that I am able to express myself in German through music, especially to God, when I have time and space (and a good dictionary), and when I surrender the entire process to Him.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Cool and encouraging!