7.15.2013

Happy Hellos and Sad Goodbyes

I think I have about 15 minutes before the little princess wakes from slumber.  I am actually awake enough this morning to get a few things done!  Praise God for that!  Our amazing sleeper suddenly decided to stop sleeping well at night, and for a few nights, I found myself barely catching 10-20 minutes of sleep every now and then, simply to try and keep Evangeline calm.  Last night though, she slept a few 1-2 hour segments, and this mom feels almost brand new!  This is definitely a different kid than Nathanael!  I still can't believe how infrequently she cries though.  Just a petite fussiness that only turns into a cry when we change her or she's really, really, really hungry. :)

We had some special visitors this past week, and I am kicking myself that I was so tired that I forgot to take pictures with two of them!  That simply means they'll need to visit again and soon!  Gregory's classmate Kaan and his wife Christine stopped by.  And our pastor and his wife, Ewald and Constanze came by, bringing along a sweet gift from all of our community group here as well.  Special visits!  I did, however, manage to take a few pictures of the Kitta family visit, a family from our church whom we are getting to know.



Last week we also had to say goodbye to Auntie Carrie.  Sadness!  And a few days before that, we had to say goodbye to Grandpa and Grandma.  It's not easy living so far away from our dear ones!





Uncle Andrew arrived last night, and Auntie Angie comes in tomorrow night though!  We're thrilled to continue introducing family to Evangeline!  Pictures will definitely follow from this visit as well.  And I have many more from the last couple weeks to post, whenever I have time.

Opa and Oma, we can't wait to have you here as well!  Nathanael talks about all the things he will show you and do with you when you come. :)

1 comment:

angie said...

I can't wait to see you guys! xoxoxo