3.27.2011

On the road again

In a few days, we will load up our car and venture out again, this time down I-35 through Oklahoma and into Texas. I have been looking forward to this trip for months, years really. Gregory has never visited my alma matre nor met most of my dear friends down south. Too bad we won't be hitting Baylor's Homecoming!

Other than all of the incredible people we're visiting, I am looking forward to warmer weather (it's snowing in Emporia right now - what?!), pictures of Nathanael in the Texas bluebonnets, and maybe even a Dr. Pepper float during Dr. Pepper Hour at Baylor! Yummm...

I am not looking forward to meltdowns in the car with Nathanael; he is not a fan of his carseat, so this should be quite interesting. I'm not looking forward to a somewhat hectic schedule which will make naptimes and playtimes a little challenging for the little guy. And I am not ready for the shock of potentially hot weather (defined here as 80 degrees or warmer).

So here we go!

The next post on this blog will likely be Nathanael's ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY! Ah!

Here's little Kimi in the Texas bluebonnets at age 14 months (April 1982).

3 comments:

Joann said...

Love the big sister hand sticking into the right side of the picture, and of course, I really like that navy and white polka dot jacket! LOL! Can't wait to see your Nathanael/Texas pictures.

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I love the jacket, Aunt Jo! Really - do you still have it?

Kim for the Kings said...

Seriously, if only she still had it, I would so be wearing it! :) I knew when I posted that picture that her jacket would get more attention than anything else! haha