10.16.2009

Autumn Musings on an Odd Day

Last night, Greg and I decided to pull out the winter clothes. It has been quite chilly here recently, and we were both getting desperate for our sweaters and winter socks and coats. It was surreal for me to pack away all my summer clothes and realize that the next time I pull them out, I'll have a little one in in my arms...and somehow I doubt I'll be able to wear half of those clothes again!

This morning, we woke up to snow flurries! It was such a strange site, walking to work in the falling snow while the rows of trees along my walk were still green with only touches of autumn peeking about. I have been watching closely the row of trees along my walk, as it happens every year that suddenly one day I will look at them and find the most amazing display of colors. Today wasn't the day; they are still green. But that didn't seem to stop the snow.

We lost power at work today. Not just our building but a large portion of our city (Medford). Apparently some manhole covers near where we used to live were on fire, and somehow that caused the power to be lost for what they're now saying will probably be 8-10 hours minimum. Greg and I live less than half a mile from my office, but yet, here we are blessed with electricity. I am thankful. But I have to admit that I am more thankful for the extra few hours I have this afternoon to SLEEP (and blog).

Lastly, going back to yesterday, Greg and I were able to hear the amazing sound of our baby's heartbeat again. A month ago, it took our doctor a good minute or so to find this little one's heartbeat, but yesterday, he found it in a few seconds. Our little one seems to be developing well and healthily, something for which we are thankful and amazed. We're excited to find out whether I'm carrying a boy or girl in four weeks and bring home some pictures as well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am soo excited!
love you,
jen

Amy said...

Kim and Greg, Congratulations!! How wonderful it is to hear the news. Waiting anxiously with y'all to find out the gender :)

Joann said...

Still grinning from the good doctor's visit and looking forward to next month's!

Earl and Lois said...

Boy or Girl. Either one will be fine and we will pray that you and the baby will be healthy.
Misty and light rain for the last week here that is great for the moisture but very bad for row crop harvest. Just be patient I guess and whatever happens we will hope it turns out good. Your early snow is maybe something of a different timing so you got your warm socks out. Fun, Fun.
Our love to all three of you.