9.04.2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for...
  1. The promise of a New England autumn. The oh-so-slightly cooler temperatures have given rise to great anticipation in our home. We LOVE autumn in Boston!
  2. Our church's generosity to children in need. Our annual Back-to-School Festival is this Saturday, and donations this year provide both backpacks and school supplies for neighborhood children as well as water bottles for children in Istanbul. Greg and I are thrilled about the added link to Turkey this year and the awesome opportunity to bless children in Istanbul and the work of the community center with which we partner.
  3. Watermelon - beautiful and delicious!
  4. A husband who loves languages just as much as (okay, even more than) I do! We stayed up way too late last night after having pulled out our Turkish language books around 9pm. Greg said he had a dream last night that we were living in Istanbul! :)
  5. How supportive and sacrificial my parents were in making it possible for me to go to Baylor. As I watched all the SUVs piled full of family and freshmen things pull into Tufts yesterday, I found myself reminiscing to move-in day my freshman year at Baylor, way back in 1999! Thanks, Dad and Mom, for going above and beyond your call (regularly) to enable me to follow the Lord where He leads me.
  6. Free access to a gym around the corner; working at a university and living close by definitely has its benefits.
  7. A much needed three day weekend!

1 comment:

ldmiller said...

I just found your blog! Yay! Autumn in New England/Boston is wonderful! We should try to get together sometime. You can meet the twins! - Kim