2.15.2007

welcome to winter...

It seems that New England finally decided to welcome the winter. On my walk home from work last night, I blindly stepped into a puddle of friendly slush which decided to go over the top of my boots and keep my toes company. I could've done without that the rest of the walk home... But then, other friendly puddles somehow found my seemingly irresistable toes later as well. So we FINALLY got snow yesterday! Only a few inches, but it was still exiting. Unfortunately, the temperature was fluctuating so much that it kept melting and freezing throughout the afternoon and night. This morning, my wonderful husband generously suggested he let me take the car to work intead of making me trompse through the slush again. Another surprise: I couldn't get the doors open! :) A neighbor even brought out some hot water to help - to no avail. Of course, I don't know if I would've even gotten the car to move as our entire street was a sheet of ice, and my tires were stuck in it! Aaah! I gave up and ice skated to work instead. Have you ever seen me attempt to ice skate? It's quite a site. But I still love New England!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You're adorable! You can believe Houston would shut down (actually it did a few weeks ago) with ice and snow. I do remember "ice skating" in Istanbul, down those 5000 stairs from Elizabeth's place - I guess you can be thankful most of your walk is flat! :)