5.12.2020

Angel Food Cake for Mother's Day

Eva felt bad that she didn't finish her gift to me for Mother's Day.  (It was a ''school assignment'' which she wanted to do on her own without my assistance.)  I told her that having her as my daughter is the best gift ever, and I get to enjoy that gift every single day. ;)  Also, she constantly draws me pictures and writes me sweet notes to say she loves me.

Gregory asked me on Saturday if I would feel sad if I didn't receive anything.  I assured him that I would not (gifts are not one of my love languages), and I reminded him that we have enough to help our kids accomplish without requiring an additional project!

I did however make myself a cake.  My sister had sent me a picture of an angel food cake she made a few weeks ago, and ever since then, I was craving angel food cake.  My Grandma made my mom angel food cakes for birthdays growing up, and so I also grew up with angel food cake in my home.  My mom always made almond flavored icing for it.  So I tried out a gluten-free recipe I found online, added almond icing, and it was splendid.  It quickly disappeared in our home!
Allowing myself time to bake a cake for no specific purpose was a great Mother's Day gift.  I am blessed.

No comments: